The Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering (CPRE) is a personal certificate aimed at individuals working in Requirements Engineering, Business Analysis and Testing. It will expand your professional knowledge and help you to become more successful in your job.
The certification scheme is developed by the IREB, the contents are taught by Metadata Training and the CPRE exam can be taken at approved certification bodies. The CPRE certificate has lifetime validity.
The CPRE Foundation Level covers the fundamentals of the Requirements Engineering domain, methodology and available techniques.
There are no prerequisites to apply for it.
BCS Diploma in Business Analysis
This course also contributes towards BCS Business Analysis Diploma (substitutes BCS Requirements Engineering)
Requirements: In order to take the IREB® Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering – Foundation Level exam, you will need to have basic knowledge in the field of software development.
Exam: 45 questions, multiple-choice, 75 minutes (15 min time extension for non-native speakers
available on request), minimum score 70%
- Teaching by a real expert… all of our lecturers have years of practical business analysis and teaching experience
- Learning in a small class (maximum class size is 12) with time for discussion
- Course binders contain notes, case studies, and sample exams
- Plenty of individual and small group case study exercises with worked solutions
- Textbook “Requirements Engineering Fundamentals: A Study Guide for the Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering Exam – Foundation Level – IREB compliant” as pre-reading
- Suggested answers for practice exams and tutor support in preparing to sit the exam
- Refreshments and lunch
- A convenient central London location near Old Street station with excellent facilities
- Foundation Level Exam fee
The CPRE Foundation Level addresses the advanced beginner in Requirements Engineering and provides the core knowledge of this topic. Everyone working with Requirements Engineering, Business Analysis, software and systems development, who is demanding in terms of quality and professionalism, should strive for it. The Foundation Level encompasses the elicitation of requirements with appropriate documentation, requirements verification and validation as well as their management throughout the end-to-end product life-cycle.
There are no prerequisites to applying for the Foundation Level.
Skills acquired through the CPRE FL certificate
A person with a CPRE FL certificate:
- is familiar with the terminology of Requirements Engineering/Business Analysis and Requirements Management
- understands the basic techniques and methods of Requirements Engineering and their application,
- is familiar with the most established notations for requirements.
1. What makes Metadata different?
Metadata is specialised in business analysis courses and aims to offer a more personalised and flexible training experience. We are committed to creating long-lasting relationships with the delegates and companies we work with, and with supporting their training every step of the way. As a direct seller, we have the flexibility to tailor our courses to suit the needs of our clients.
2. Are your courses accredited?
3. Is the exam fee included in the price?
Yes, the course price includes the exam fee – the majority of our clients want to take the exam which is why we offer the course and exam together as a package. If you do not require an exam, please let us know when you book and we will deduct the fee from the price – we can also provide you with a certificate of attendance.
4. Do I need IT skills to attend the courses?
You will need to have basic knowledge in the field of software development.
5. Can I cancel a booking?
Yes, you can cancel a booking but in order to do so without penalty we require 10 days notice. For more information on our cancellation policy, see our terms and conditions.
6. When do I pay for the course?
Please refer to our terms and conditions.
7. When will I receive the training material?
When you book onto a course we will send you a copy of our core textbook. One week before the start of the course we will email you the chapters to read and any extra reading material you need. You will receive additional material (including slides and exam preparation) during the course.
8. Do I need to prepare for the course?
Yes, we recommend you do some pre-reading as this will help you to get the most out of the course and pass the exam. We will send you the required material (including a case study) one week before the course start.
9. When do I take the exam?
Exam will be held on 4th day, first thing in the morning.
10. What happens if I fail an exam?
If you fail an exam you will receive feedback which will include a report detailing the reason for failure and areas to work on. If you wish to re-sit, you will need to pay a further exam fee of £210+VAT.
Our courses are designed with the exam in mind and we do our best to prepare you as much as we can – to this end, we provide case studies to practice on, as well as a sample exam.
11. Do I get a certificate at the end of the course?
Yes, IREB will email you a registration login to download a copy of your e-certificate.
12. Can Metadata help me to get a job?
No, we don’t connect our delegates with potential recruiters.
Dates and bookings
|Date||Duration||Location||Delivery||Price (ex VAT)||Availability|
|Mon 5 – Thur 8 Nov||3,5 days||London||weekday||
Our delegates say
Why choose us
- Weekend or midweek courses
- Experienced lecturers
- Flexible course and exam dates
- 97% pass rate on exam
- Small class size
- Central London location