This highly practical course will develop the skills you need to produce data or class models.
To develop enterprise-strength software applications that support the strategic organisational goals you need to build models of the information architecture. Throughout a software development project these models are continually refined until they become database structures. Modern approaches such as agile modelling and domain-driven design emphasise the importance of building models early in the development process with business users.
By the end of the course the delegate will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and benefits of data modelling
- Decide when to use Data Models
- Draw data models using class diagrams (UML notation is standard in our course though we can deliver in-house using other Entity Relationship notations if preferred)
- Define and document attributes
- Understand the link to process models and requirements
- Understand how data models become physical databases
- Confidently present findings to their peer group and project team for review
- Understand how data modelling is used in traditional and agile business analysis.
Dates and bookings
|Date||Duration||Location||Delivery||Price (ex VAT)||Availability|
|Thur 18 – Fri 19 Oct||2 Days||London||weekday||
|Thu 6 – Fri 7 Dec||2 Days||London||weekday||
Interested in this course?
Register your interest in this course by filling the form and we will:
- keep you updated with any changes or future dates
- send you a special offer for your first booking with us
Enter your phone number if you would like to speak with a course advisor.
Why choose us
- Weekend/midweek courses
- Experienced lecturers
- Central London location
- Small class size