PRINCE2 Agile™ is the world’s most complete agile project management solution, combining the flexibility and responsiveness of agile with the clearly defined framework of PRINCE2®.
PRINCE2 Agile is an extension module tailored for forward-thinking organizations and individuals already benefiting from PRINCE2. It provides further guidance on how to apply agile methods to the world’s most recognized project management method.
PRINCE2 Agile is supported by an exam and formal qualification and delivered by our accredited training providers. As with PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile can be applied to any type of project within any industry sector.
PRINCE2 Agile has been developed in response to demand from our user communities and designed to help experienced PRINCE2 practitioners tailor management controls for agile development, while helping ‘agilistas’ understand PRINCE2 governance requirements.
PRINCE2 Agile Training & Certification Exam (3 Days)
PRINCE2 Agile provides guidance on how to apply agile methods to projects to PRINCE2 which is the world’s most recognized project management method. PRINCE2 Agile™ is the world’s most complete agile project management solution, combining the flexibility and responsiveness of agile with the clearly defined framework of PRINCE2®. Axelos).
As with PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile can be applied to any type of project within any industry sector.
PRINCE2 Agile is supported by an exam and formal qualification and delivered by Metadata which is accredited training providers. PRNCE2 Agile combines the flexibility and responsiveness of agile with the clearly defined framework of in an agile context PRINCE2®. It provides guidance on tailoring PRINCE2 principles, themes and processes and mapping the agile roles to PRINCE2 project team structure. The PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner qualification aims is to check your ability to apply PRINCE2 Agile in a scenario situation.
Session 1: Introduction to PRINCE2 Agile
Session 2: An overview of Agile
Session 3: Blending Prince2 & Agile
Session 4: The Prince 2 Journey when using Agile.
Session 5: PRINCE2 Principles and Agile
Session 6: Agile and Prince2 Themes Part 1: Business Case, Organisation and Quality.
Session 7: Agile and Prince2 Themes Part 2: Plan, Risk, Change and Progress.
Session 8: Agile and PRINCE2 Processes Part 1: Starting up, Initiation, Directing a Project.
Session 9: Agile and PRINCE2 Processes Part 2: Controlling a Stage, Product Delivery, Managing Stage Boundary, Closing a Project.
Session 10: Tailoring Guidance for Prince2 projects
Session 11: Introduction to &Practice of the PRINCE2 Agile (structure and hints and tips & Practice Exam)
Session 12: Prince2 Agile Practitioner Exam
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to tailor and apply PRINCE2 Agile in a given scenario. The PRINCE2 Agile practitioner Exam is an open book (only official PRINCE2 Agile guide is allowed). It comprises 50 questions, each with one mark. 30 marks or more required to pass, i.e. 60% pass mark, and its duration is 150 minutes.
In order to be eligible for the PRINCE2 Agile certification candidates need to hold a current PRINCE2 Practitioner status (i.e. to have passed the PRINCE2 Practitioner or PRINCE2 Practitioner Re-registration exam within the last 5 years).
PRINCE2 Agile is available to qualified PRINCE2 Foundation. The majority of PRINCE2 Agile guidance will be new material and will examine how PRINCE2 and agile methods can interact and be adapted to accommodate each other in order to benefit overall management of projects.
As of 1st October 2016 in order to take PRINCE2 Agile, a candidate must hold one of the below certifications:
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
- 3 full days of classroom training
- The Prince2 Agile exam fee
- Full set of PowerPoint slides
- Case study and answer pointers
- APMG Prince 2 Agile Handbook (Manual)
- Refreshments and lunch each day
Key benefits of PRINCE2 Agile for your career:
- Improved position in the job market and career progression within project and programme management by achieving the new PRINCE2 Agile qualification.
- Recognized globally with an international qualification which demonstrates your ability to apply best practice approaches to managing any and every kind of project – no matter the size or scale.
- A broad understanding of all of the key agile concepts and how these blend seamlessly into the PRINCE2 methodology.
- Flexibility to work with both ever-evolving solutions and those that are clearly defined in detail.
- Completing your PRINCE2 Agile qualification will earn you 15 continuing professional development (CPD) points towards a professional membership, maintaining your PRINCE2 qualification other than through re-sitting the exam.
Key benefits of PRINCE2 Agile for your business:
- Agile methods allow organizations to realize the benefits of products and potentially an earlier return on investment while products are being developed and improved.
- Improved communication through the use of common terminology across PRINCE2 and agile disciplines.
- Develop a clear definition of how agile can govern a project’s delivery, whilst PRINCE2 governs projects as a whole.
- Seamless integration: PRINCE2 Agile will complement PMBOK and APM Body of Knowledge just as PRINCE2 does currently. It will also be of interest for Programme Managers with MSP® who need to understand how projects relate to the delivery mechanism.
- The most up-to-date and relevant view of Agile project management methodologies, PRINCE2 Agile references the ‘flow-based’ working featured in Kanban in addition to other agile concepts not covered in other qualifications.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of common agile ways of working
- Understand the purpose and context for combining PRINCE2® and the agile way of working
- Be able to apply and evaluate the focus areas to a project in an agile context
- Be able to fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile context
- Be able to tailor the PRINCE2 principles, themes, processes and management products to a project in an agile context
Dates and bookings
We have no public dates scheduled for this course at the moment. Please sign-in to our newsletter below to be notified when this course becomes available. This course can be delivered in-house or adapted to fit your company's training requirements.
Why choose us
- Metadata is approved training organisation (ATP) by PEOPLECERT
- Our training sessions takes the form of interactive workshops
- Every session ends with a review and a Quiz to ensure the full understanding of the concepts covered
- Our delivery dates and locations are flexible taking place weekdays or weekends, on our site or in-house at your company
- Our training centre is located in Central London with convenient links to public transportation
Stay in touch
Be the first to find out about our events, news and special offers: