TOGAF is centred on a management framework for architecture work, called the Architecture Development Method.
TOGAF® is used by world’s leading organizations to improve business efficiency.
The Open Group TOGAF Certification Program has enabled more than 47,000 Enterprise Architects and trainers around the globe to demonstrate their proven knowledge of the framework.
Employers increasingly expect architects of all kinds to understand TOGAF.
The purpose of the course is to help you understand TOGAF well enough that you can:
- pass the level 1 and level 2 TOGAF certificate examinations
- use TOGAF terms and concepts in assignments where that is required
- relate TOGAF to the methods and standards of your employer or customer
The topics below are interleaved with class exercises.
01 TOGAF Certification
03 Core Concepts
04 Building Blocks
05 General Definitions
06 Intro to the ADM
07 Enterprise Continuum & Tools
08 Architecture Repository
09 ADM phases and objectives (pre-reading)
10 ADM guidelines and techniques
11 Views, Viewpoints and Stakeholders
12 ADM Deliverables (pre-reading)
13 Reference Models – intro
14 Architecture Governance
15 Preliminary Phase
16 TOGAF Content Framework
17 Stakeholder Management
18 TOGAF Content Metamodel
19 Imp Support Techniques
02 Basic Concepts
20 Phase A Architecture Vision
21 Business Scenarios
22 Architecture Requirements Management
23 Phase B Business Architecture
24 Phase C IS Arch – Data Architecture
25 Phase C IS Arch – Application Architecture
26 III Reference Model (Level 2)
27 Foundation Architecture TRM (Level 2)
28 Phase D Technology Architecture
29 Migration Planning Techniques
30 Phase E Opportunities and Solutions
31 Phase F Migration Planning
32 Phase G Implementation Governance
33 Phase H Architecture Change Management
34 Architecture Partitioning
35 Architecture Repository
36 Guidelines – Iteration and Levels
37 Guidelines – Security
40 Guidelines – SOA
41 Architecture Maturity Models
42 Architecture Skills Framework
Since the focus is on the Architecture Development Method, the training suits those wanting a management framework for architects and their work.
It is also useful as an introduction to architecture for people with no technical background.
Almost everybody who attends the course passes the TOGAF examinations.
Certification is achieved through a two-part exam:
TOGAF® 9.1 foundation (Level 1 exam) – 40 multiple choice questions on TOGAF terms and concepts – 60 minutes
TOGAF® 9.1 certification (Level 2 exam) – 8 multiple choice questions on 8 short scenarios – 90 minutes
The course does not include TOGAF exam vouchers or exams.
You should purchase and book your exams in your local ProMetric centre as soon as possible after the course, allowing for some revision beforehand.
Pass assurance: free (repeat) tuition is usually available to those who need to resit.
The Open Group TOGAF certification is:
• Used by the world’s leading enterprises to certify a common body of core knowledge about the methodology and framework
• A trusted, vendor-neutral, globally recognized and portable credential
• Valuable in demonstrating to employers and peers your commitment to enterprise architecture as a discipline
• An outstanding career move and a foundational certification in the career of any Enterprise Architect
- a vendor-neutral, highly regarded and global benchmark for identifying, assessing and selecting the most qualified individuals for critical roles and responsibilities.
- Specifying TOGAF certified individuals in procurement and project proposals can considerably reduce recruitment time and cost, and result in higher project success rates
- optimize the staff recruitment and retention process, and motivate staff to acquire this widely recognized industry standard to authenticate their skills and experience with using the TOGAF standard
- TOGAF certification is a powerful competitive differentiator that provides your customers with reliable assurance of the skills and capabilities of your IT professionals, and of the quality and interoperability of your products.
- TOGAF® Certification represents an ideal mechanism for demonstrating knowledge and application of TOGAF
- being TOGAF certified can significantly enhance and affirm your professional skills, improve your prospects for rewarding assignments, accelerate salary and career advancement, and result in greater peer recognition.
Dates and bookings
|Date||Duration||Location||Delivery||Price (ex VAT)||Availability|
|Tues 12 – Fri 15 Dec||4 days||London||weekday||
|Tues 30 Jan – Fri 2 Feb||4 days||London||weekday||
|Sat 21 – Sun 22, Sat 28 – Sun 29 Apr||4 days||London||weekend||
|Tues 17 – Fri 20 Jul||4 days||London||weekday||
|Sat 13 – Sun 14, Sat 20 – Sun 21 Oct||4 days||London||weekend||
|Tues 11 – Fri 14 Dec||4 days||London||weekday||
Receive more information about this course
Fill in your details and receive by email:
- sample exam questions
- special offers
- information on courses related to TOGAF® 9.1
By filling in the form you will receive information related to enterprise architecture. You can easily unsubscribe at any time.
We won’t sell your details to third-parties and won’t spam you.
Our delegates say
Why choose us
- Weekday & Weekend courses
- Experienced lecturers
- Flexible course and exam dates
- 95% pass rate on exam