Developed by APMG in partnership with the DSDM Consortium, AgileBA® is a new guidance, training and certification scheme designed for business analysts working in an agile environment.
The Business Analyst is a critical role within an agile project team and with more and more organizations adopting agile approaches, we need to ensure those performing this crucial role have the necessary skills and expertise.
The AgileBA® syllabus and exams are based on the AgileBA Handbook (published by DSDM). The Handbook offers the first comprehensive set of guidance, framework and practices for the business analyst working on an agile project.
Training and certification has been designed to give the Business Analyst the skills needed to successfully gather, analyse, validate and champion the requirements throughout an Agile project. It also gives context to the Agile Business Analyst role beyond the individual project, in relation to organizational mission and strategy, providing additional depth and guidance for business analysis in an agile context.
AgileBA® guidance and training will help individuals and organizations:-
- Lay the foundations for successful agile projects
- Explain how the business analyst role and skills fit in an Agile environment
- Clarify the different ways of working with the Agile BA during the phases of an Agile project
- Outlines the lifecycle of an Agile requirement and how to write good, effective Agile requirements
- Provide a comprehensive set of techniques and practices for effective business analysis and collaborative agile working.
- Multiple Choice
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 40 minutes duration
There are no pre-requisites for taking the AgileBA® foundation examination.
1. The role of business analyst in an agile world
2. Agile fundamentals and the agile BA
3. The agile business case
4. Stakeholders in the agile project
5. Requirements and user stories
9. Timeboxing and Iterative Development
10. Requirements planning and estimating throughout the lifecycle
11. The requirements lifecycle in an agile project
12. Making the transaction to agile BA
AgileBA® guidance, training and certification are designed to benefit a wide range of roles including:
- Business Analysts
- Change Analysts
- Project Managers
- Scrum Product Owners/Managers
- Systems Analysts
- Agile Developers
- 3 full days of classroom training
- The AgileBA® Foundation exam fee
- Full set of PowerPoint slides
- Case study and answer pointers
- APMG Agile Business Analysis Handbook V2.0 (Manual)
- Refreshments and lunch each day
- One year free membership of the Agile Business Consortium
Benefits for Individuals
This certification provides business analysts involved in Agile projects, large and small, with the tools they need to adopt an agile approach.
It gives advice on focus and value-delivery and guidance on working with business stakeholders, developers, testers and outlines the skills needed to deliver solutions incrementally.
It equips the business analyst with techniques to incorporate Agile approaches into a programme and to align change with organizational objectives.
Individuals will gain:
- Knowledge and understanding of AgileBA®
- Agile Business Analysis techniques
- How to move from traditional to more agile ways of working
Benefits for Organizations
AgileBA® will provide an organization with a standard approach to executing agile projects, as the approach is aligned with AgilePM® and AgilePgM®.
Implementation of AgileBA® delivers the following advantages:
- Informs Agile and traditional project managers – who often also have business analysis responsibilities, of the content of an Agile business analyst role in addition to educating them on Agile techniques.
- Scrum developers will benefit from gaining an understanding of the Business Analyst role. AgileBA® fills the gap of lacking Business Analyst understanding as a result of there being no defined roles for Scrum developers.
- Product Owners will benefit from the Agile development skills delivered during the AgileBA® training courses.
Dates and bookings
|Date||Duration||Location||Delivery||Price (ex VAT)||Availability|
|Tue 20 – Thu 22 Jun||3 days||London||weekday||
|Tue 11 – Thu 13 Jul||3 days||London||weekday||
|Sat 15 – Sun 16, Sat 22 Jul||3 days||London||weekend||
|Sat 12 – Sun 13, Sat 19 Aug||3 days||London||weekend||
|Mon 14 – Wed 16 Aug||3 days||London||weekday||
|Tue 12 – Thu 14 Sep||3 days||London||weekday||
|Tue 10 – Thu 12 Oct||3 days||London||weekday||
|Sat 28 – Sun 29 Oct, Sat 4 Nov||3 days||London||weekend||
|Tue 21 – Thu 23 Nov||3 days||London||weekday||
|Tue 5 – Thu 7 Dec||4 days||London||weekday||
Why choose us
- Weekend/midweek/webinar courses
- Experienced lecturers
- Small class size
- 99% pass rate on exam
- Interactive and practical agile courses