Developed by APMG in partnership with the DSDM Consortium, AgileBA® is a new guidance, training and certification scheme designed for business analysts working in an agile environment.
The Business Analyst is a critical role within an agile project team and with more and more organizations adopting agile approaches, we need to ensure those performing this crucial role have the necessary skills and expertise.
The AgileBA® syllabus and exams are based on the AgileBA Handbook (published by DSDM). The Handbook offers the first comprehensive set of guidance, framework and practices for the business analyst working on an agile project.
Training and certification has been designed to give the Business Analyst the skills needed to successfully gather, analyse, validate and champion the requirements throughout an Agile project. It also gives context to the Agile Business Analyst role beyond the individual project, in relation to organizational mission and strategy, providing additional depth and guidance for business analysis in an agile context.
AgileBA® guidance and training will help individuals and organizations:-
- Lay the foundations for successful agile projects
- Explain how the business analyst role and skills fit in an Agile environment
- Clarify the different ways of working with the Agile BA during the phases of an Agile project
- Outlines the lifecycle of an Agile requirement and how to write good, effective Agile requirements
- Provide a comprehensive set of techniques and practices for effective business analysis and collaborative agile working.
APMG AgileBA® Foundation Exam Format:
- Multiple Choice
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 40 minutes duration
APMG AgileBA® Practitioner Exam Format:
- Complex Multiple Choice
- 4 questions per paper with 20 marks available per question
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
- 2.5 hour duration
- Open-book (AgileBA® Handbook only)
1. The role of business analyst in an agile world
2. Agile fundamentals and the agile BA
3. The agile business case
4. Stakeholders in the agile project
5. Requirements and user stories
9. Timeboxing and Iterative Development
10. Requirements planning and estimating throughout the lifecycle
11. The requirements lifecycle in an agile project
12. Making the transaction to agile BA
AgileBA® guidance, training and certification are designed to benefit a wide range of roles including:
- Business Analysts
- Change Analysts
- Project Managers
- Scrum Product Owners/Managers
- Systems Analysts
- Agile Developers
- 4 full days of classroom training
- The AgileBA® Foundation exam
- The AgileBA® Practitioner exam
- Full set of PowerPoint slides
- Case study and answer pointers
- APMG AgileBA® Handbook V2.0 (Manual)
- Refreshments and lunch each day
- One year free membership of the Agile Business Consortium
1. What makes Metadata different?
Metadata is specialised in business analysis courses and aims to offer a more personalised and flexible training experience. We are committed to creating long-lasting relationships with the delegates and companies we work with, and with supporting their training every step of the way. As a direct seller, we have the flexibility to tailor our courses to suit the needs of our clients.
2. Are your agile courses accredited?
Yes, we are accredited by the APMG and Agile Business Consortium.
3. How long are the courses?
The Agile courses are 3 days on the weekend and 4 days during the week. The same material is covered in both courses but the weekend course is slightly more intense as it is 3 days instead of 4. The weekend course will begin at 9am and finish at 6.30pm and the midweek courses start at 9.30am and finish at 5pm.
4. Are there any prerequisites to take this course?
There are no prerequisites for the Agile Foundation Course. However, the Agile Practitioner Course requires you to have passed the Agile Foundation Exam.
5. Is the exam fee included in the price?
Yes, both the Foundation and Practitioner exam is included in the course price. The Foundation Exam is a closed-book multiple choice exam with 50 questions per paper. The pass mark is 50% and the length of the exam is 40 minutes. The Practitioner Exam is an open-book, complex multiple choice exam. There are 4 questions per paper with a pass mark of 50%. The duration of the exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
6. When will I receive my results?
The APMG will send out the results roughly 7-10 days after your exam date. You will then receive your certification two week after the results have been released.
7. Can Metadata Training help me to get a job?
We help professionals achieve recognised certifications that increase their chances of getting a job.
8. Can I cancel a booking?
Yes, you can cancel a booking but in order to do so without penalty, we require 10 days notice. For more information on our cancellation policy please see our Terms and Conditions.
9. When do I pay for the course?
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions.
Dates and bookings
|Date||Duration||Location||Delivery||Price (ex VAT)||Availability|
|Sat 28 – Sun 29 Oct, Sat 4 – Sun 5 Nov||4 days||London||weekend||
|Tue 21 – Fri 24 Nov||4 days||London||weekday||
|Tue 5 – Fri 8 Dec||4 days||London||weekday||
|Mon 22 – Thu 25 Jan||4 days||London||weekday||
|Tue 20 – Fri 23 Mar||4 days||London||weekday||
|Mon 30 Apr – Thu 3 May||4 days||London||weekday||
|Mon 18 – Thu 21 Jun||4 days||London||weekday||
Our delegates say
Why choose us
- Expert trainers with over with 20+ years of experience – quality is very important to us
- Direct provider of our courses
- Excellent support to achieve your qualifications
- Easy course booking or rescheduling
- Flexible terms and conditions with no hidden fees
- Excellent venue with delicious lunches in a relaxed atmosphere