Adopt an agile approach to programme management with our AgilePgM training and certification.
AgilePgM addresses the needs of those working in a programme-focused environment that want to be agile and equally those working in agile environments who wish to scale agile to the programme level.
Developed by the DSDM Consortium, the new certification provides the ability to deliver Agile Programmes in organizations requiring standards, rigour and visibility around Programme Management, while at the same time enabling the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
AgilePgM provides programme managers with a disciplined but flexible agile approach to the management of transformational organizational change, allowing for iterative and incremental delivery of outputs and benefits.
The governance model, contained within the guidance, ensures a programme will capture its vision, whilst empowering teams to work without undue interference. Built on firm foundations, the programme can evolve and react to business change in our increasingly dynamic world.
AgilePgM guidance and training courses:
- Lay the foundations for successful agile programmes
- Explain how an agile programme can be planned and managed
- Clarifies the different management styles needed for successful agile programmes (compared to “traditional” programmes)
- Provide integration with Managing Successful Programmes®.
50 questions per paper
25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
40 minutes duration
There are no pre-requisites for taking the AgilePgM foundation examination.
The certifications are not valid for a defined period and will not expire.
Anyone involved in agile programmes will benefit from the qualification, but it is specifically aimed at:
• Programme Managers
• Those responsible for implementing change in organisations
• Senior business people who have responsibility for programmes
• PMO Managers
• Project Managers participating in an agile programme
• PMO Staff
• Governance bodies (e.g. financial, strategic, compliance)
• Programme Assurance
• Sponsoring Groups
• Risk Managers
• Procurement Professionals involved in agile programmes
Benefits for Individuals
This qualification provides those involved in large-scale change initiatives with the tools they need to adopt an agile approach to programmes. It equips them to be able to scale agile and to incorporate agile and non-agile initiatives into a programme. It also provides a full Programme Management framework that can easily fit with existing programme management methods or it can be used in its own right.
- Develop a more advanced, applied level of knowledge to gain an understanding of agile; the ability to apply relevant programme management methods, leading to successful agile programmes.
- Clarify different management styles needed for successful agile programmes compared to traditional programmes and be able to tailor these to the situation.
- Actively promote trust and close co-operation between all stakeholders and provide ongoing visibility into what is happening.
- Combine knowledge of more traditional management methodologies with agile to ensure continuous alignment to a changing business environment.
- Ensure incremental and iterative realisation of benefits by encouraging active stakeholder involvement, feedback and effective controls.
Benefits for Organizations
The organization will have a standard approach to executing agile programmes, incorporating agile and non-agile projects and activities.
- Deliver transformational change faster, at a lower cost and with lower risk by continuous realization of benefits and validation of programme goals against business strategy
- Complements and works with existing corporate methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2®, MSP, Agile Project Management) and quality and audit processes.
- Improves rigour and visibility around programme management, leading to a proven track record of successful programme outcomes in a corporate environment.
- Simply adopt a tried and tested approach rather than developing and integrating a company-specific agile programme management process.
- Achieve better communication and control over programmes and just in time planning without disrupting the programme budget, timescale and vision.
- Develop professionalism in employees and include agile certification in employee professional development schemes.
- 3 full days of classroom training
- The Agile Programme Management Foundation exam fee
- Full set of PowerPoint slides
- Case study and answer pointers
- APMG Agile Programme Management Handbook (Manual)
- Coffee & refreshments on all course dates
Dates and bookings
|Date||Duration||Location||Delivery||Price (ex VAT)||Availability|
|Mon 5 – Wed 7 Jun||3 days||London||weekday||£995||Available||Book >|
Why choose us
- Weekend/midweek/webinar courses
- Experienced lecturers
- Flexible course and exam dates
- Small class size
- Central London training venue