To stay relevant, businesses need to quickly adapt to change. Traditional project management methodologies look to understand and document the change before moving to implementation. However, this process can be time-consuming which leads to failed projects. Agile methodologies offer the tools and frameworks needed to quickly implement change by building incremental business value.
Although it was developed for software development, agile is now widely used across the business with successful results.
Agile Project Management offers a set of frameworks that enables delegates to successfully deliver projects in a fast-paced business environment.
Learn how to:
- explain agile to project stakeholders
- explain the agile philosophy and project lifecycle
- identify the agile project products
- set up and work with agile project teams
- run facilitated workshops
- plan an agile project using timeboxes
- plan iteratively and incrementally
- identify and prioritise requirements in an agile way
- develop the right level of documentation in an agile project
- want to start working in an agile environment
- are working on agile projects and want to update their skills or get a formal qualification
- are experienced project managers and want to understand how to apply agile on projects
If you are already working with agile methodologies like Scrum, Kanban and Lean you will benefit from the project management frameworks offered by the APMG AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner Certifications.
This course is generally attended by delegates who have the following job titles:
- Project and programme managers
- Prince 2 qualified professionals
- PMO specialists
- Business analysts
- Software developers
- Business change professionals
- Anyone who works on projects and needs to develop and validate their knowledge of agile
Agile adoption is growing fast and the APMG agile qualifications are very much in demand.
The Agile Project Management certification (AgilePM®) was developed by APMG in partnership with Agile Business Consortium. The guidance used in the course is based upon DSDM’s Agile Project Framework (AgilePF), a leading and proven agile approach.
The certification offers 2 levels: foundation and practitioner. To take the practitioner exam you first need to pass the foundation one. You can book the foundation and practitioner qualifications together and save money – click to find out more.
The AgilePM® Foundation-level provides knowledge and understanding of the Agile Project Management guidance and is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
Examination format for foundation level
Multiple choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- 2.5 days of classroom training (2.5 consecutive weekdays or 2 weekends)
- The Agile Project Management Foundation exam fee
- Full set of PowerPoint slides
- Case study and answer pointers
- APMG Agile Project Management Handbook V2.0 (Manual)
- Coffee & refreshments on all course dates
- One year free membership of the Agile Business Consortium
Dates and bookings
|Date||Duration||Location||Delivery||Price (ex VAT)||Availability|
|Tue 17 – Thu 19 Oct||3 days||London||weekday||
|Sat 28 – Sun 29 Oct & 4 Nov||2.5 days||London||weekend||
|Mon 13 – Wed 15 Nov||3 days||London||weekday||
Our delegates say
Why choose us
- Expert trainers with over with 20+ years of experience – quality is very important to us
- Direct provider of our courses
- Excellent support to achieve your qualifications
- Easy course booking or rescheduling
- Flexible terms and conditions with no hidden fees
- Excellent venue with delicious lunches in a relaxed atmosphere