To stay relevant, businesses need to quickly adapt to change. Traditional project management methodologies look to understand and document the change before moving to implementation. However, this process can be time-consuming which leads to failed projects. Agile methodologies offer the tools and frameworks needed to quickly implement change by building incremental business value.
Although it was developed for software development, agile is now widely used across the business with successful results.
Agile Project Management offers a set of frameworks that enables delegates to successfully deliver projects in a fast-paced business environment.
Learn how to:
- explain agile to project stakeholders
- explain the agile philosophy and project lifecycle
- identify the agile project products
- set up and work with agile project teams
- run facilitated workshops
- plan an agile project using timeboxes
- plan iteratively and incrementally
- identify and prioritise requirements in an agile way
- develop the right level of documentation in an agile project
- want to start working in an agile environment
- are working on agile projects and want to update their skills or get a formal qualification
- are experienced project managers and want to understand how to apply agile on projects
If you are already working with agile methodologies like Scrum, Kanban and Lean you will benefit from the project management frameworks offered by the APMG AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner Certifications.
This course is generally attended by delegates who have the following job titles:
- Project and programme managers
- Prince 2 qualified professionals
- PMO specialists
- Business analysts
- Software developers
- Business change professionals
- Anyone who works on projects and needs to develop and validate their knowledge of agile
Agile adoption is growing fast and the APMG agile qualifications are very much in demand.
The Agile Project Management certification (AgilePM®) was developed by APMG in partnership with Agile Business Consortium. The guidance used in the course is based upon DSDM’s Agile Project Framework (AgilePF), a leading and proven agile approach.
The certification offers 2 levels: foundation and practitioner. To take the practitioner exam you first need to pass the foundation one. You can book the foundation and practitioner qualifications together and save money – click to find out more.
The AgilePM® Foundation-level provides knowledge and understanding of the Agile Project Management guidance and is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
Examination format for foundation level
Multiple choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- 2.5 days of classroom training (2.5 consecutive weekdays or 2 weekends)
- The Agile Project Management Foundation exam fee
- Full set of PowerPoint slides
- Case study and answer pointers
- APMG Agile Project Management Handbook V2.0 (Manual)
- Coffee & refreshments on all course dates
- One year free membership of the Agile Business Consortium
1. What makes Metadata different?
Metadata is specialised in business analysis courses and aims to offer a more personalised and flexible training experience. We are committed to creating long-lasting relationships with the delegates and companies we work with, and with supporting their training every step of the way. As a direct seller, we have the flexibility to tailor our courses to suit the needs of our clients.
2. Are your agile courses accredited?
Yes, we are accredited by the APMG and Agile Business Consortium.
3. How long are the courses?
The Agile courses are 3 days on the weekend and 4 days during the week. The same material is covered in both courses but the weekend course is slightly more intense as it is 3 days instead of 4. The weekend course will begin at 9am and finish at 6.30pm and the midweek courses start at 9.30am and finish at 5pm.
4. Are there any prerequisites to take this course?
There are no prerequisites for the Agile Foundation Course. However, the Agile Practitioner Course requires you to have passed the Agile Foundation Exam.
5. Is the exam fee included in the price?
Yes, both the Foundation and Practitioner exam is included in the course price. The Foundation Exam is a closed-book multiple choice exam with 50 questions per paper. The pass mark is 50% and the length of the exam is 40 minutes. The Practitioner Exam is an open-book, complex multiple choice exam. There are 4 questions per paper with a pass mark of 50%. The duration of the exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
6. When will I receive my results?
The APMG will send out the results roughly 7-10 days after your exam date. You will then receive your certification two week after the results have been released.
7. Can Metadata Training help me to get a job?
We help professionals achieve recognised certifications that increase their chances of getting a job.
8. Can I cancel a booking?
Yes, you can cancel a booking but in order to do so without penalty, we require 10 days notice. For more information on our cancellation policy please see our Terms and Conditions.
9. When do I pay for the course?
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions.
Dates and bookings
|Date||Duration||Location||Delivery||Price (ex VAT)||Availability|
|Mon 19 – Wed 21 Feb||3 days||London||weekday||
|Sat 3 – Sun 4, Sat 10 Mar||3 days||London||weekend||
|Mon 9 – Wed 11 Apr||3 days||London||weekday||
|Mon 4 – Wed 6 Jun||3 days||London||weekday||
|Sat 16 – Sun 17, Sat 23 Jun||3 days||London||weekend||
Our delegates say
Why choose us
- Expert trainers with over with 20+ years of experience – quality is very important to us
- Direct provider of our courses
- Excellent support to achieve your qualifications
- Easy course booking or rescheduling
- Flexible terms and conditions with no hidden fees
- Excellent venue with delicious lunches in a relaxed atmosphere