This 4-day hands-on course follows the official Lean Kanban University (LKU) training materials produced by David J Anderson, Mike Burrows and other leading Lean Kanban experts.
In the course, you will be involved in regular hands-on exercises and discussions that will focus on the rollout and daily operation of a Kanban system. You will consider what type of Kanban initiative is most appropriate for your organisation and how to manage and evolve it over time without trauma.
You will learn how to improve agility with asymmetrical commitment and cadences.
The course includes the Kanban Systems Design (KMP1).
Attendees are encouraged to have read the following Kanban book:
- Kanban by David J Anderson, or
- Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows.
Prior attendance at one of the following courses:
- KMP Foundations I: Kanban System Design (KMP1)
- Lean Kanban University Foundations-level class such as Getting Started with Kanban
- Certified Kanban Practitioner
The course follows the official LKU Certified Kanban Management Professional syllabus. During the course you will have ample opportunities to discuss and experience the following topics:
- Building an Information Flow: the 7 Cadences
- Dealing with resistance to WIP limits
- Understanding asymmetrical commitment
- Rollout phases for a Kanban initiative
- Developing a service orientation
- Scrumban case study
- Managing evolutionary change
This course is designed for any professional who is part of a product development or knowledge work environment and who is interested in discovering how Kanban can help improve working environments. Kanban works across multiple functions of an organisation, from senior members of staff looking to adopt Lean Management to members of delivery teams willing to improve their working practices.
Previous attendees to our classes have been in roles such as:
- Senior Management Positions (CxO)
- Programme and Project Managers
- Product Managers, Product Owners and Business Analysts
- Scrum Team Members
- Scrum Masters, Team Leads and Change Agents
- Product & Software Developers & Testers
- Agile Coaches & Practitioners (Scrum, XP, DSDM, AgilePM, etc.)
- Other roles such as HR and Finance professionals
Participants will receive the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) certificate from Lean Kanban University (LKU) as well as membership of LKU.
The course materials will be available in printed form.
This training provides 16 Professional Development Units (PDU). If you are interested in becoming a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) by the Scrum Alliance, this course can be used to claim 16 Scrum Education Units (SEU).
“Fantastic course for anyone looking to understand how Kanban works in practice. There is ample time provided for discussion and clarification of understanding. I found both trainers to be engaging and very well informed.”
Head of Project Management
“Excellent course delivered by very experienced trainers. The course had a significant practical content and plenty of discussion time – this really helped me to understand the finer points of Kanban.”
“An excellent course, which gave a practical insight into applying Kanban to our Scrum development process. The trainers were excellent throughout and were extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Recommended.”
Team Lead & Scrum Master
“A great hands-on course that gives you the tools you need to introduce Kanban. The emphasis is on practical examples with collaborative and fun sessions.”
Principal Software Craftsman
Dates and bookings
|Date||Duration||Location||Delivery||Price (ex VAT)||Availability|
|Mon 18 – Thu 21 Jun||4 days||London||weekday||
ends 17 May
|Mon 16 – Thu 19 Jul||4 days||London||weekday||
ends 15 Jun
|Tue 30 Oct – Fri 2 Nov||4 days||London||weekday||
ends 29 Sep
|Mon 3 – Thu 6 Dec||4 days||London||weekday||
ends 02 Nov
Why choose us
- Weekend/midweek/webinar courses
- Experienced lecturers
- State of the art training venue
- Central London location
Stay in touch
Be the first to find out about our events, news and special offers: