Does your job involve managing and delivering projects?
Then Prince2® framework might be the right tool for you.
Prince2® Practitioner course supports delegates achieve the Practitioner qualifications and develop skills and knowledge to successfully manage and deliver projects for your organisation.
Important: To get the PRINCE2® practitioner qualification you first need to get the PRINCE2® foundation qualification.
The 4-day PRINCE2® practitioner course includes the foundation and the practitioner qualification.
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2® in a scenario situation. A successful Practitioner candidate should (with suitable direction) be able to start applying the method to a real project.
PRINCE2® Practitioners are required to be re-registered within 3-5 years from their original certification.
What is Prince2®?
PRINCE2® (Projects IN Controlled Environments) is the world’s most practiced project management method and a de facto standard developed and used extensively by project managers around the world.
Since first being developed in 1989, PRINCE2 has been successfully adopted by thousands of project managers around the world. Today, it is the most widely-used project management framework.
Embodying established and proven best practice in project management, PRINCE2® is a flexible method that guides you through the essentials for running a successful project, regardless of type or scale. It can be tailored to meet your organization or industry-specific requirement.
Who teaches the course?
The course is taught by Dr. Sami Zahran, a qualified Prince2 trainer with practical and commercial experience.
Dr Sami Zahran is a Senior Project Manager, Senior Quality Manager & Senior Process Improvement Consultant with over 30 years experience in projects, programme, quality and process improvement management. He has extensive expertise in quality, process improvement and project management across wide range of industry sectors in the UK, Europe, Africa and the Middle East. His experience covers a wide range of business, IT and management skills acquired through managing and delivering projects across different areas of businesses. He is an accredited PRINCE2 Trainer and Invigilator for PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Exams. He is also a qualified PMP Trainer to help project managers achieve their PMP certification.
PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner Training and Certification Exam (4 Days)
PRINCE2 is the most widely recognised project management methodology. It is a recipe of how to successfully manage projects in any industry or business. PRINCE stand for PRojects In Controlled Environment.
This course has two main parts:
Part 1: Prince2 Foundation: Days 1 & 2
- The first part is run over 2 days and covers the PRINCE2 principles, Themes and Processes and ends up with running the PRINCE2 Foundation Exam at the end of Day 2. The Foundation Exam is closed book and has 75 multiple-choice questions (5 questions are trial questions). You have to get correct answers for at least 35 (50%) to pass. The Trainer should inform you of the Exam results in the morning of Day 3.
Part 2: Prince2 Practitioner: Days 3 & 4
- The second part is run over 2 days and covers practical details of how to apply PRINCE2 method in projects through guidelines of tailoring the PRINCE2 standard method to match the requirements of your project. This will be followed by going through a practice PRINCE2 practitioner Exam (practice Case#1) and discussion the result. Day 4 in the morning you will go through a second practice Prince2 Practitioner Exam in the morning and the real Exam will be in the afternoon session. This is based on a scenario and the questions will test you on how to apply PRINCE2 method to different scenarios in the context of the given scenario. (Please note that to be allowed to go through the practitioner Exam you will have to have passed the Foundation Exam. Of course in such case you are welcome to attend the practitioner training but not the Exam).
PART I: PRINCE2 Foundation (Days 1 & 2)
Session 1: Introduction to Project Management (what is a project and what is project management)
Session 2: Challenges of projects and project management (interactive session)
Session 3: The four Elements of Prince 2.
Session 4: The Seven Principles of Prince 2.
Session 5: The Seven Themes of Prince2.
Session 6: The Seven Processes of Prince2.
Session 7: Practice Foundation Exam
Session 8: PRINCE2 Foundation Exam (60 minutes)
PART 2: PRINCE2 Practitioner Training & Exam
Session 9: Tailoring Prince2 & Applying Prince2 to projects
Session 10: Introduction to the Practitioner Exam (structure and hints and tips)
Session 11: Prince2 Practitioner Exam Practice
Session 12: Prince2 Practitioner Exam (3 hours)
In order to get the PRINCE2® qualification you must pass an exam.
About the PRINCE2® practitioner exam:
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Objective testing
- Eight questions – 10 question items per question, each worth one mark
- 44 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) – 55%
- Two-and-a-half hours’ (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 manual only).
- Course fee
- Foundation Exam & Certificate fee
- Practitioner Exam & Certificate fee
- All course material including exam practice samples
- The official “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2” course manual
- Coffee & refreshments on all course dates
- Applicable to all types of projects
- Helps save time and effort through a shared approach to reporting
- Improves productivity by increasing staff awareness of roles and responsibilities
- Facilitates the assurance and assessment of project work, troubleshooting and audits
- Increases the effectiveness of stakeholders engagement in the process of project approval and management
- Shows you how to manage projects through an internationally recognized project management method
- Proves your expertise and know how
- Helps you focus on the viability of the project
- Improves communication and control
PRINCE2® is addressed to:
- Project managers or professionals wishing to become project managers
- Key personnel involved in project design, development and delivery
This course is open to everyone and there are no prerequisite
Dates and bookings
|Date||Duration||Location||Delivery||Price (ex VAT)||Availability|
|Mon 12 – Fri 16 Jun||5 days||London||weekday||
|Sat 17 – Sun 18, Sat 24 – Sun 25 Jun||4 days||London||weekend||
|Sat 15 – Sun 16, Sat 22 – Sun 23 Jul||4 days||London||weekend||
|Mon 24 – Fri 28 Jul||5 days||London||weekday||
|Sat 19 – Sun 20, Sat 26 – Sun 27 Aug||4 days||London||weekend||
|Mon 21 – Fri 25 Aug||5 days||London||weekday||
|Sat 16 – Sun 17, Sat 23 – Sun 24 Sep||4 days||London||weekend||
|Mon 25 – Fri 29 Sep||5 days||London||weekday||
|Sat 14 – Sun 15, Sun 21 – 22 Oct||4 days||London||weekend||
|Mon 23 – Fri 27 Oct||5 days||London||weekday||
|Sat 11 – Sun 12, Sat 18 – Sun 19 Nov||4 days||London||weekend||
|Mon 20 – Fri 24 Nov||5 days||London||weekday||
|Mon 4 – Fri 8 Dec||5 days||London||weekday||
|Sat 9 – Sun 10, Sat 16 – Sun 17 Dec||4 days||London||weekend||
Why choose us
- Metadata is approved training organisation (ATP) by PEOPLECERT
- Our training sessions takes the form of interactive workshops
- Every session ends with a review and a Quiz to ensure the full understanding of the concepts covered
- Our delivery dates and locations are flexible covering weekdays or weekends at our site or in-house
- Our training centre is located in Central London, convenient links to public transportation
Stay in touch
Be the first to find out about our events, news and special offers: